1 (edited by floyd pepper 2017-11-30 15:52:59)

Topic: extreme buffering

hello there rme crew

ive been the lucky owner of a RME fireface ufx ll for a few months now and things have never sounded better.
i do have some buffering, pop and clicks every now and then that forces me to restart my system (pc & ufx ll).

this happens while working in my reaper soft but also when playing audio from youtube, vlc player or winamp (yes still using that) so all audio basically.
if i turn only the ufx off and on the prob is gone but will come back after 10 min or not at all, it appears random.

this was fine for a while but it really kills my flow now and would like to find a solution.
i did search many times for a solution but audio interface jargon and my lack of knowledge keeps me from solving it i guess.

so far i think it might be usb 2.0 / 3.0 related, the ufx having usb 2.0, my motherboard mostly 3.0.
according to the manual i have the ufx usb plugged now in one of the only 2 usb 2.0 sockets but its still happening.

im on PC windows 10 64b
rampage v extreme motherboard ( https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/ )

fireface ufx ll, all drivers updated (although my ufx shows up as a madi-device) but i think that's normal since they said that you have to install the madi drivers for the rme fireface ufx ll if i remember correctly.

what else can i do to try to solve this problem once and for all?

many thanks..

buy the ticket take the ride..

Re: extreme buffering

and again, im playing music from soundcloud and he starts to buffer extremely..
huge cuts in audio in a exact same rhythm so to speak.

how come my superb audio interface is buffering so much and randomly?
i dont know which information to provide as i know it could be many things but where do i start?

please any help is much much appreciated!

Please open the MADIface USB settings panel while you play audio. There is a USB error counter here (top right corner) that will show any trouble on USB, but only while the panel is open. Do you see errors counting up?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

hi jeff thanks for helping out

yes i do, USB Diagnosis Fifo error 0 crc5 / 4.1 min (and counting)
buffer size 512

Input options: Optical 2 in [ADAT 2]
Output options: AES format (consumer) - Optical 2 out [AES/SPDIF]

WDM Devices: 2 [multi-channel]
Device name: Analog (1-8) and Analog (9+10) for my headphone.
Speaker: Analog (1-8)

Clock mode: single speed
Sample Rate: 48000 hz
Clock source: internal

About
RME MADIface
windows 7/8/10 driver
windows WDM and ASIO 2.3 support
Driver date: 17.02.17
Driver vers: 0.9606
Hardware reviseion: 15

There you have it: Fifo Error means that already in the moment the USB transmission is started the computer failed. Please try all other USB ports until you find one that does not show errors.

> Fireface ufx ll, all drivers updated
> Driver vers: 0.9606

Classic. Go to our webpage and download the current driver 0.9613.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

There you have it: Fifo Error means that already in the moment the USB transmission is started the computer failed. Please try all other USB ports until you find one that does not show errors.

> Fireface ufx ll, all drivers updated
> Driver vers: 0.9606

Classic. Go to our webpage and download the current driver 0.9613.

thank you i will search for the usb 2.0 socket

about the update, ive been using the updater tool 3 times in the last few days, states its up to date.
would you be so kind to tell me if this is the right driver? (driver_madiface_win_09613.zip)

> would you be so kind to tell me if this is the right driver? (driver_madiface_win_09613.zip)

See post #5 MC wrote:
"Go to our webpage and download the current driver 0.9613."

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Updater tool? Microsoft does not have our drivers...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ramses wrote:

> would you be so kind to tell me if this is the right driver? (driver_madiface_win_09613.zip)

See post #5 MC wrote:
"Go to our webpage and download the current driver 0.9613."

i have the ufx ll not the madiface, hence the question if this was the right driver.

thanks for your help

MC wrote:

Updater tool? Microsoft does not have our drivers...

yes

''Please download the latest Flash Update Tool from the RME website:

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.php''

i downloaded the right driver i hope, ufx ll still shows up as madiface in my daw/maschine pref. and asio but it seems to work.
usb is plugged currently in a usb 3.1 socket, so far so good.