1 (edited by Manolo 2017-12-02 11:06:12)

Topic: Fireface UC : weird leds sequence when powering on [VIDEO]

Hi,

it doesn't do this all time but often, I have a strange leds sequence before the Fireface goes OK.

I let you a video where I turn on 2 times the FFUC to show you what happens. I did it a third time after stopping the video and I have what is displayed at the video (A5 -> the normal behaviour) instantly.

Where does it come from and how to solve this please ?

The video : http://www.coffeepop.fr/Fireface_UC

2 (edited by Manolo 2017-12-03 15:53:09)

Re: Fireface UC : weird leds sequence when powering on [VIDEO]

My system is plugged on an UPS Eaton Ellipse PRO 1600 and I noticed perhaps 3 months ago that the Ellipse makes some noise with the Fireface UC plugged in. If I unplug the Fireface UC, noise stops. I also noticed that if I plug the Fireface Uc on the Ellipse, the noise can appear instantly or sometimes, after few minutes or hours.

Can it come from the power supply and can this https://www.thomann.de/fr/rme_cardbus_n … c4b253d5c1 could be a good replacement ?

Can it damage the Fireface UC ?

if you plug the fireface on a standard outlet does it go crazy the same?

I could not see your videos (very slow hoster). Yes, the power supply could cause something like that. Note that the power supply that you linked to should be correct from the name, but Thomann shows a wrong pic. The shown one is the latest with lockable connector, which is not compatible to your UC. The lockable connector does not go in deep enough on unlockable sockets.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

@marcobarbaro : yes, I just tried this morning and same thing happened.

@MC : I put the video on another host : http://photos13.free.fr/Fireface_UC/Fireface_UC_ON.mp4

The video is only 7mb, you should be able to download it.

Can you confirm when you'll see the video that the power supply is the cause please ?
Can I still use the FFUC until I receive the new power supply ?

I'm gonna send a mail to Thomann to be sure it's the good one and could you give a link(s) where I can find replacements if Thomann doesn't provide the good one please ?

6 (edited by Manolo 2017-12-06 09:41:46)

Could you please give me answer so I can order (or not) the power supply (Thomann confirmed that it was the good one) ? For now, I prefer not to use my FFUC cause I'm afraid to damage it.

Thanks.

Hello,

can you test another power supply? -12V, 2A, you will likely have one like that around the house.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello,

I have 2 12V power supplies but with 1A max. Furthermore, I'm not sure of the quality of this power supplies (I let you a picture of them).

http://photos13.free.fr/Fireface_UC/PS.jpg

Hello, they look fairly solid, so I don't think anything will happen if you just run a quick test. Use the pin positive setting.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I tried with the left one and it worked at first time so it seems that the power supply is the culprit (I bought the FFUC in 2009). I'm gonna order the one on Thomann. Thanks for help.

Manolo wrote:

I tried with the left one and it worked at first time so it seems that the power supply is the culprit (I bought the FFUC in 2009). I'm gonna order the one on Thomann. Thanks for help.

that's nice to hear! smile

Yes, I received the new power supply and it works as expected wink.