Topic: Please help with install

Hi!  I just got an RME UFX.  Setup through USB to my mid-2011 iMac, running OSX 10.13.2 (High Sierra).  Light on the front of the UFX has the connection there through USB, but it is not finding it.  I downloaded the most recent drivers, installed them, but I do not believe they are taking.  I have read multiple threads about kernals and disabling this or that.  When I go to my security settings, it states "System Software from Developer "RME GmbH" was blocked from loading"  I click Allow, it does nothing. I tried the reinstall of the driver, restart, click allow, still nothing.  I can see my RME USB Settings, but when I click on TotalMix, it just puts a dot under the app in the dock and never opens.  The computer is simply not finding the UFX.  Also- When trying to do a flash update, it is not allowing me to (I suspect that the driver needs to work for this to work, go figure).

Can someone please help??  I just wanna do some recording in between my children crying and wife nagging.  Thanks!

Re: Please help with install

The UFX might be in Class Compliant mode. Can be configured in the menu, section SETUP.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The UFX might be in Class Compliant mode. Can be configured in the menu, section SETUP.

Hi!  Thank you for that. I did check it via the steps in the manual. The UFX is not in CC mode, so must be something else?

If clicking the Allow button does not make it go away, try it with TMFX and the settings app running. This worked for me on several occasions.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

If clicking the Allow button does not make it go away, try it with TMFX and the settings app running. This worked for me on several occasions.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks!  I will give this a shot.  I know I just kept clicking...and clicking...and clicking that damn allow button.  I do believe the issue itself lies within this 10.13.2 OSX, but I will give this a try tonight.

Just an update!  I deleted the USB settings app, TotalMix FX app and reinstalled, restarted, was able to allow the developer to install and it worked fine. Was also able to do the flash update. All is WORKING.