1 (edited by dgk 2017-12-07 11:35:01)

Topic: Fireface 400 Aggregate device sample rate issue

Hi all,

I am trying to use my RME Fireface 400 as an Aggregate Device in OSX but I am not able to properly set the RME sample rate.

My early 2014 Macbook pro is running Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1036).
I am using the Mac OS X Intel driver for Fireface 400, 800, 802, UCX, UFX, version 3.33, and the FF400 kernel driver v1.71
(I also tried this on a friend's Macbook Air resulting in the same issues).

In both the Fireface Settings app and the OSX Audio MIDI Setup panel I can set the FF400 sample rate without any problem, and the unit has been working in this mode flawlessly for years.
But now that I am trying to create an Aggregate Device, for the first time, that uses the FF400 (even only the FF400, no other device) I can not set the sample rate correctly, neither from the Fireface Settings app nor from the OSX Audio MIDI Setup panel.
Changing the sample rate in the Fireface Settings app causes the OSX Audio MIDI Setup panel to show the wrong or no sample rate at all.
Changing the sample rate in the OSX Audio MIDI Setup panel causes the Fireface Settings app to show the wrong sampling rate and then causes the OSX Audio MIDI Setup panel to change it sample rate again to another rate.

I can make Aggregate Devices using other brand interfaces and the Built-in input and output without issues.

Would you know what is going wrong or how I can make this work?

Thanks

Re: Fireface 400 Aggregate device sample rate issue

You need driver 3.34, which fixes a bug (well, that's our view, not sure Apple will agree) in Apple's Aggregate device handling:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … ac_334.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Fireface 400 Aggregate device sample rate issue

Thanks a lot Matthias!
That solved the issue.

Greetings from Rotterdam