Topic: RME 400 Fireface. Cranks, pops, clicks, dropouts on iMac

Hello. I bought RME 400 Fireface and I have some troubles with it.

Everywhere — in DAW, in iTunes, in youtube, everywhere my RME interface stammer with some little click and pop sound.  Sometimes it's dropout for 10–20 seconds and HOST indication is light. I saw that many users have some different problems with clicks and pops with RME, but I don't find some exact recipe how to fix this problems.

I have 400 Fireface Version 3.33, unit #FC5BBFF0 v1.71, kernel driver v3.33
MacOS X 10.9.5 (13F1911), 3,06 GHz, late 2009, Intel Core 2 DUO, serial #W8943GD65PE

Please help me to fix this bugs

Re: RME 400 Fireface. Cranks, pops, clicks, dropouts on iMac

Power supply? Or the infamous Agere chipset problem:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 75&p=7

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 74&p=4

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by johnnythorj 2017-12-13 07:19:09)

Thank you for your answer. I've test my FW gear on my iMac. It's show me FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 823f, revision-id = <01000000>

Is my FF400 must work fine with this configuration of FW, or I need to find some extra features like Lyndi cable or some other stuff?

And, it is possible to fix problems like this with thunderbolt to FW extention cable?

It should work. You need to test a different FW cable, the power supply for the FF400 etc.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It should work. You need to test a different FW cable, the power supply for the FF400 etc.

I'm allways use power supply. Also I've test firewire to thunderbolt adaptor — this is not work. I mean, absolutely don't work — in hot link device don't power on and with PSU the Link light is active.

I found that this shitty clips and pops is actual for sometimes, not all time. For example, in the beginig of the day it can work fine without clicks and pops, or with minimal count of it. But in the evening (right now) it's impossible to work on device — clicks and pops every 3 second, sometimes it's drop out for 5-10 seconds. I try to find answers about second week, but nothing can't do happy for me.

In standalone mode everything fine with sound — no problems fixed.

Any ideas? What's going on with this «legendary» device?