1 (edited by alterego2009 2017-12-12 22:04:46)

Topic: rotatory knob cant control volume RME Fireface UC

hello.
first of all sorry for my english.

i recently bought an RME Fireface UC , and after some trouble installing it , due to the lack of drivers actualization,  now appears the Totalmix etc...

but i cant control the volume using the rotator switch!!
in fact , it seems dont works at all any of the options.

any idea?

i only can control the system via totalmix, wich is unconfortable for a fast volume control needing.

tnx in advance

Re: rotatory knob cant control volume RME Fireface UC

Windows or MacOS X and which version ?
RME driver, which version ?

> due to the lack of drivers actualization
What you mean by that ?
You download newest firmware, flash it if required
You download newest drivers, install them.
What problem did you have.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The knob has a switch to change modes, Channel select (CH) or Level control (LEV). Switch between the modes by pushing the knob in.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

ramses wrote:

Windows or MacOS X and which version ?
RME driver, which version ?

> due to the lack of drivers actualization
What you mean by that ?
You download newest firmware, flash it if required
You download newest drivers, install them.
What problem did you have.

hi, tnx for fast reply.

the OS is windows 10

the RME driver i updated today, first when first installation the console, totalmix etc didnt appeared, then ive reinstalled the latest driver and reboot the pc, after rebooting has finally appeared it, but what i cant do is use the rotator switch of the front panel to control volume for example.
the only option to control volume is thru Totalmix for now.

about the firmware there are not any new available for PC, or at least i didnt see it.

again tnx for the reply.

Jeff wrote:

The knob has a switch to change modes, Channel select (CH) or Level control (LEV). Switch between the modes by pushing the knob in.

yes i know, but pressing it still not doing nothing....

i can check that the firmware is PC etc, but nothing more with the knob

What RME firmware / driver version, only to be sure ....

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

If pushing does not switch modes, the rubber cap is probably pushed too far in. Please try to pull it out a millimeter or so and check again.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

8 (edited by alterego2009 2017-12-12 22:32:11)

Jeff wrote:

If pushing does not switch modes, the rubber cap is probably pushed too far in. Please try to pull it out a millimeter or so and check again.

thats not the matter, the panel shows the changes when i push/turn the knob, but it dont do what should be.

i mean, the panel screen changes correctly, but no real control in the sound like as balance, volume etc... the knob is functionally working.

9 (edited by alterego2009 2017-12-12 22:24:34)

ramses wrote:

What RME firmware / driver version, only to be sure ....

unafortunatelly i cant check it now, im at home not in studio, tomorrow i will check it.

why are u asking? there are a known firmware/driver wich dont works?

10 (edited by ramses 2017-12-12 22:32:44)

All troubleshooting begins with gathering facts...

If nobody has a better idea, then its a good strategy to know which OS you use and
to ensure that you are using latest firmware and drivers.

But only telling "I have latest driver ..." is not sufficient. You could be wrong (for whatever reason)
and something like this would not be the 1st time.

Its better to communicate clearky the version numbers in use.

So you are not an IT guy .. otherwise you would know and wouldn't ask wink

11 (edited by alterego2009 2017-12-12 22:52:12)

ramses wrote:

All troubleshooting begins with gathering facts...

If nobody has a better idea, then its a good strategy to know which OS you use and
to ensure that you are using latest firmware and drivers.

But only telling "I have latest driver ..." is not sufficient. You could be wrong (for whatever reason)
and something like this would not be the 1st time.

Its better to communicate clearky the version numbers in use.

So you are not an IT guy .. otherwise you would know and wouldn't ask wink

Hi Ramses, well...the reason of saying that i have the latest is because ive updated today from RME web and they dont offer other option, only the latest version available.

gonna check it anyway, hopefully thats the reason because dont have any sense that knob issue.
tnx

Please understand that its "from remote" / "via forum", absolutely impossible to judge, whether users indeed did what they say. it could theoretically also be, that perhaps the installation went wrong. So its simply important to do some cross checks to be on the safe side. Some people even do not find the download page. If you do a lot of support, all is possible.

13 (edited by alterego2009 2017-12-13 21:48:22)

ramses wrote:

Please understand that its "from remote" / "via forum", absolutely impossible to judge, whether users indeed did what they say. it could theoretically also be, that perhaps the installation went wrong. So its simply important to do some cross checks to be on the safe side. Some people even do not find the download page. If you do a lot of support, all is possible.

the firmware is the 135 revision, the driver is the  1099...the lastest available...and no way...in fact i had to reset it to last bios security option..

never had changes with knob issue....

any idea?

So you listen to the Phones output, the display shows PH, you turn the encoder to change the level, the digits go up and down but the phones volume doesn't change? That would be an absolute first and then we have no explanation for it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME