1 (edited by B4RKLY 2017-12-19 00:08:10)

Topic: RME audio interface problem with mid 2015 Macbook pro

A friend and I are using different RME audio interfaces (UCX & Babyface pro) with identical computers (mid 2015 Macbook pro Retina 15") and are both encountering a similar issue. An Ableton live session audio begins to stutter and glitch after every 20-50 uses.

In troubleshooting the interface has been swapped to a class compliant sound card once the glitch has been retriggered and the stutter stops. As soon as the RME audio interface is plugged back in it stutters again. Closing ableton and running audio from itunes still glitches with the Babyface. Issue is resolved after reboot until it is triggered again after the next 30 or so uses. The RME audio interfaces works fine on other setups. All drivers/firmware is+ up to date.

I'm using El Capitan 10.11.6 as the os and my friend is using Sierra 10.12.6. Could this be a problem with the computer model mid 2015 Macbook pro Retina 15"? Is there anybody on this forum that has encountered the same problem?

Thanks in advance

Re: RME audio interface problem with mid 2015 Macbook pro

Yes, I have the same problem with my Babyface (first edition) and my Macbook Pro 15" retina 2015. In Ableton Live it sounds like the interface loose the sync with the computer and get digital dropouts and stutter. If i un activate the interface and activate it again it works for another 30 seconds. Then it does the same. I've tried EVERYTHING: i bought an RME ADAT. I tested all different kind of usb cables. I even tried a thunderbolt -> usb cable. And even if i disconnect all other USB gear, nothing changes. Everything is updated. Don't know what to do. Can RME help?