Topic: New MADIface series driver 0.9619 - Sorting your interfaces

We have a new MADIface series test driver available for download. Version 0.9619 includes two changes:

- Using more than one interface, the order of the ASIO channels can now be defined in the Settings dialog, tab About, with two different sorting methods. This feature brings them into the desired order, and also prevents random changes, for example after reboot.

- Change in the Installer to prevent ASIO rights problems with non-admin accounts

Please try and report if it works for you.

Edit: Link removed, released as driver version 0.9634.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: New MADIface series driver 0.9619 - Sorting your interfaces

Brilliant, thanks!

ASIO hosts now see the devices in the order I want. The Pro Tools 32 I/O limit is now under control!

3 (edited by ramses 2018-01-09 09:08:25)

EDITED:

Cool, many thanks that you provided this :-)
But would it eventually be possible to let the user to determine the order ?

With the MADIface driver which controls a lot of devices (which is a very nice thing BTW)  the likelyness to have more than 2 devices is increased. With 3 devices you have already 1 x 2 x 3 = 6 different ordering possibilities.

In my case I have 3 devices (2 UFX+ and ADI2 Pro).
Then you get by ascending/descending lexical sort order 2 possibilities out of 6.

UFX+#1    ...3fc1#2a108...
UFX+#2    ...3fc1#3a109...
ADI-2 Pro  ...3fd2#6734....

ADI-2 Pro  ...3fd2#6734....
UFX+#2    ...3fc1#3a109...
UFX+#1    ...3fc1#2a108...

I could think of in my case that a different sort order than that
       i.e. "bring UFX+#2 into the front followed by UFX#1 and then at last the ADI-2 Pro"
would have benefits for me.

Main reason for me as Cubase user, because in Cubase the configuration of Inputs and Outputs is not so nice.
The predefined mapping, whether you want mono or stereo channels is too crude.
So I have to enter the Inputs and Outputs (and this is a lot)
channel by channel for 2 UFX+ and the ADI-2 Pro.
So a fully customized preselection of order on driver level would be very helpful.

Issue: there seems to be an issue, since I preordered the devices in the RME driver, Cubase 9.5.10 seems to recognize now only few channels / one of the three devices. MADIface driver is selected.

Solution: after the installation of this new driver "Limit ASIO to 32 Channels" became active.
Have the driver default settings been changed in this driver release ? Or was it me by accident ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

USB is plug and play. We needed to make sure that the sort order stays intact even if one of the devices is temporarily disconnected. That's a big difference to the HDSPe driver, where the cards are always present.

What prevents you from using the sort order 1 with #108 as first? As this will never change again re-arrange your cabling and everything should work...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by ramses 2018-01-09 19:09:56)

MC wrote:

USB is plug and play. We needed to make sure that the sort order stays intact even if one of the devices is temporarily disconnected. That's a big difference to the HDSPe driver, where the cards are always present.

What prevents you from using the sort order 1 with #108 as first? As this will never change again re-arrange your cabling and everything should work...

Hi Matthias, ok agreed.

It was a 1st spontaneous thought / wish from my side for maybe even more flexibility for the reasons told (Cubase).
At the moment I have no real burning issue with this.

And yes I can sort it this or that way, the few entries in front for the ADI-2 Pro are not many.

Many thanks again for this update :-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13