1 (edited by integra 2018-01-30 11:46:30)

Topic: Phones outs like fixed balanced stereo out with +4 dBu

I need to drive simultaneously my balanced monitors and analog balanced record unit from same source.
Possible?

Re: Phones outs like fixed balanced stereo out with +4 dBu

You can use the phones output as line output, but it won't be balanced...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I know how to use unbalanced phones/line outs 3/4 or 1/2. But need second balanced.
Ok.
Next question.
Its possible to run this outs with standart +4dBu level?  +7(low level) is hardware or software limited?

You seem to ask the wrong questions. You can not have different volume settings for the three analog outputs. Only by changing the hardware (!) based reference levels Phones and rear outputs can have different levels.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I dont ak for levels for each outputs. Im asking in my last question for level 3/4. He has low-hight setting. If i need to use this output for line out purposes LOW settings is to hight. And my question possible to be set +4 not +7. You answer No by hardware design.  Correct?

Lo setting is not too high. Usually +4 dBu does not equal the highest level, but has headroom, 9, 13 or 20 dB. And if you need exactly +4 dBu then you turn down the volume to -3 dB...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you MC.
Will be good in next version of the Pro give us second balanced out with phones capabilities. For example this future done in SPL Phonitor 2.

That would require either using a sub-optimal balanced phones output as explained in the manual, or adding another DAC for the rear outputs. Both very unlikely.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME