1 (edited by genelec79 2018-02-02 11:34:53)

Topic: Hammerfall HDSP 9652 Totalmix stops audio/asio ,change clock...

Hi everybody.

I am long time user of Fireface 800.
Never had any problems for 10 years allready.
Switch to the Hammerfall HDSP 9652 and from start i have some issues.
The system is concepted around 3x Adat from 9652 to Yamaha 02r V2 digital mixer.
Signal flow for all 3xAdat (24 channels-thru Cubase) works perfectly with stabile clock via dedicated Word clock connection and cable; until i try to open the Totalmix.
It starts to change the speed of the audio /assuming sample rate and than Cubase just lose the sound.
Watching at the Totalmix there is no more sound transfer thru dedicated channels, nothing; just silence.
I need to restart the computer once again and everything works normaly until next opening of Totalmix.
Totalmix version is 1.43.
Please help or some advice .

Best regards Dalibor.

Re: Hammerfall HDSP 9652 Totalmix stops audio/asio ,change clock...

9652 firmware version and the driver version? PCB revision of that HDSP 9652 (found on the card/PCB, like 1.2 or up.?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Mr. Matthias and thank you for the quick reply.

Driver version is 4.21,revision 108, PCB revision(founded on the card and expansion board Rev 1.3).
Operating system is Win 7 64bit.

What kind of mainboard is this? Is there another PCI slot to test? Does it make a difference if you activate fewer ASIO channels in Cubase?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

PCB revision 1.3 does not work with modern motherboards (PCI bus communication problem), it needs a hardware modification. Modified boards have Rev 1.5 as sticker or an higher number directly printed on the PCB. Please contact your local distributor for help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, thank you so much allready.

It`s the old Intel board / Desktop Board D975XBX2 and old q6600 quad core/i didn`t had any problems with Fireface 800 for a 10 years.
There are 2 more PCI slots on this board  to try out does it make any changes.
and i did not try to run fewer number of busses in Cubase, but i will right now test everything and i will reply you.

THank you for your reply Mr. Fuchs.

Well, the modification was introduced 2005, and your board came out 2007. So basically it is a 'modern' board (time flies by, unfortunately).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So , i have try to change the pci slot and the same story/ it looks like there is no help except modification...
I am sad :-( ...

I called the distribution in Switzerland to ask about modification on Rev 1.5 and they said that only shipping costs will cost more than i have payed the card.
So it looks like my journey with HDSP 9652 is allready at the end even before start.

Anyway ,Thank you Support and Administration team for your help.