Topic: HDSP(e) PCIe Live Sound SAC Setup Help Please!

Hi there!

I have built a wonderful system with an industrial strength Rack PC, the HDSP card and 4 Behringer ADA8200 for 32 I/Os.  I have the software installed and the system works with TOTALMIX... No Problems

OK - Now I want to use the third party Software Audio Console (SAC) - but when I load and run this software - Nothing (Nic, Nula, Zero!) So I am probably doing something quite stupid.  But I have read the Manual and I cannot find an override.

Its almost like TOTALMIX by being installed has prevented SAC from working(?). 

So any advice would be greatly appreciated and if you are near Kent in the UK, there would be a pint of best Spitfire Bitter (That is beer, for those of you from other parts of the world!) in it for you to boot!

2 (edited by ramses 2018-02-08 14:48:09)

Re: HDSP(e) PCIe Live Sound SAC Setup Help Please!

Does SAC support ASIO drivers ? If so, did you use the RME ASIO driver ?
You can also exclude TM FX completely by activating the "DAW" operational mode.
Then all the routing exclusively takes place in the application which uses the RME ASIO driver.

Usually its good to have TM FX to be able to make monitor mixes for main monitor and one or more phones, routing, loopback recording, etc .. but its not a must.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

You should ask the man himself, Bob Lentini, in his forum:

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/for … .php?7-SAC

He knows the RME stuff and can help more quick.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Many thanks for this.  I am thinking it maybe that I need to use ASIO.  I cannot see any specific drivers for SAC.  So any other folk on here who can offer advice, this would be useful!