Topic: RayDAT and surround output device

I'm a former HDSP96/52 user on Windows XP, then for several years turned to the Dark Side with a Focusrite Firewire device on Windows 7.   Now I have seen the error of my ways, returning "back home" to a RayDAT card on Windows 10.

How do I get six outputs (ADAT1-6) grouped together to be seen by Windows as a 5.1 system audio device?  All I see in the Windows Sound control panel are stereo devices: AES SPDIF, and the ADAT pairs.   I'm having a hard time remembering how I did it with the old Hammerfall card.  My monitoring system is an A/V receiver, so I do have RCA and TOSLINK inputs at my disposal.  Is there a way to use the SPDIF output or one of the ADATs to send a Dolby Digital stream from any Windows application?

I know I'm able to map 5.1 DAW busses from applications like Cubase, Sound Forge, etc. into three ADAT pairs.  However I have other applications such as DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio that rely on the default system output device, which for surround must be able to be configured as a multichannel device.

Thanks.

-Bob

Re: RayDAT and surround output device

The answer is here:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/wi … er_4_e.pdf

Chapter 6. But you should read it all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: RayDAT and surround output device

I was wondering what happened to the Hammerfall DSP panel!   It finally showed up after I rebooted again.    I like the sentence in that chapter, "The text describes only the new or changed options which are missing in the current manuals."  Yes it was missing in the one I had.  Thanks!

Discouraging the use of WDM drivers is good advice.  Sadly, some pro applications like DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio haven't gotten the message that ASIO is better.  I just lobbied Black Magic Design again to add ASIO support.  smile

Thanks again!