Topic: Fireface UC power switch

Hi, the power switch on the rear of my fireface UC seems to be broken. I'm trying to turn on the interface but nothing is happening.
Does anyone has had the same issue and know how to fix it ?
Or do you know where I can buy a similar toggle switch to replace it ?

Many thanks for taking the time to answer this !

Re: Fireface UC power switch

That would be the first time that switch breaks. I would check the power supply...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your answer !
Yes, I read a lot of things about the power supply. I think the power supply works well cause the green light on the cable is on (not blinking). Do you think that the internal power supply is dead ?
I was asking about the switch cause the toggle is moving curiously in its dock. It's like I can't find the detent for the on or off position.

You should either measure the PS output voltage or try a different one. If the switch is broken it can be ordered as spare part from your local distributor, but most probably it would be a lot cheaper just to bridge the contacts internally in the correct way...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I just opened the interface to check inside the box.
Everything looks fine. I am wondering if the interface could works if I desolder the switch ?
Of course I would have to unplug the unit after every session but if it works...

6 (edited by pianopictures 2018-03-09 15:17:47)

While it may be a bit tricky to get the suitable switch to replace the broken one, you can still buy the "on wire" switch, so you could avoid unplugging it from the wall every time. I mean the lamp type one, not sure about the exact name for it. Normally there is no soldering involved, just screw the wires via inside bolts, that's all.

Yes, that's a good idea !
But if I remove the switch do I have to make some additional connections on the circuit board to make the Fireface always on ?

Of course. Please find a qualified technician to do that. We do not publish DIY procedures when it comes to opening a unit etc.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, thanks for your help. I will ask a technician.