Topic: Daisychain FF400 to FF800

Hey guys,

I am having some issues with expanding the inputs on my Fireface 800.

Before that one, I used a FF400 and now I want to link both units, to use the additional inputs on the FF400 with my FF800 remaining the main audio interface.

I have tried this with a video tutorial using ADAT cables and trying to set up the FF400 routing in a way, that the inputs go to the ADAT ports. As the matrix window looked completely different than the one in the video (will post it below) it did not work at all. Also the FF400 manual said if I load factory default 1 the unit promptly works as a AD/DA converter. By now I could not find this default setting - is this the total reset?

In general and as I could not find ANY topic on this: anyone having experiences with linking a FF800 & FF400? Does it even work?
If so: what is the best method for this? Should I rather try It via Wordclock cables and then aggregate both units in my Mac audio settings? Would this work this way?

Hope anyone can come up with an answer to this, as it is really vital to my further studio work..

Thanks a lot in advance!

Re: Daisychain FF400 to FF800

I believe you can do this with a FireWire cable, although I seem to recall that you will need to use a separate TotalMix session for it. There is a brief description towards the end of the manual, IIRC.
Hope that helps.

FireFace800 (D 3.125, fw 2.77) Ryzen9 3950X, 570X Extrm4,  Win10 Prox64 1909, 32Gb DDR4-3600, GTX950