Topic: Few questions about ADI-2 DAC

- Which rackmount kit does it work with? Just the unirack kit, or one of the RM19/RM19-X's?
  - If only the unirack kit, is there a blank or something to fill the hole on the other side?
- Does anyone have a link to buy a XLR->RCA cable with the right pinout for AES?
- If I want to use balanced XLRs (to self-amplified speakers), and unbalanced RCA out for a headphone amp, and be able to toggle between them..
  - I can't use the RCAs on the back, right?
  - I'll need to use a phone->dual RCA plug from the front?

Re: Few questions about ADI-2 DAC

There is a universal rackmount available that fits. The RM19 do not work (no holes on the side). It makes sense to left the hole open for better ventilation. Both rear outs operate simultaneously, you can not toggle between them.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC!

I received the ADI-2 today along with the universal rackmount.  Loving the unit!  The Toggle function means this little DAC was able to replace my old DAC -and- my old speaker switcher!

Questions about the rackmounting though...
- I took off the feet (with the torx screws)
- But the holes holes in the bottom of the ADI-2 don't seem to line up with any more than 2 of those 4 holes. 
- And I have to reuse the torx screws instead of the little screws
  - Which stick out far enough that you couldn't use the rack space below.
  - That's actually okay with my setup, but makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong..

Is that the only way to do it? Or am I missing the hole-linup?

Bump!

Is the unirack truly supposed to support the AD2-I DAC?

We are trying to find out, but still wait for confirmation, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry that it took so long. It turned out that other than the ADI-2 Pro the ADI-2 DAC is NOT compatible to the Unirack. Or better to the existing holes. Sorry for that. I will update the manuals to reflect the correct state.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello--following up on this thread to inquire: has anyone developed a secure way of rackmounting the ADI-2 DAC?

I'm thinking of buying a 1u shelf...Perhaps the feet of the ADI-2 DAC can be removed, hook-and-loop could be applied to secure the ADI-2 DAC to a 19" rack unit above its friend the UFX II.