1 (edited by chartierb64 2018-03-16 12:45:24)

Topic: UFX+ and Windows XP2

Hello,

Sorry if there already is an answer somewhere in the forum but I didn't find any at first glance and I'm new here.

Question: Is there absolutly no chance to drive an UFX+ with Windows XP2 or did someone tried ?

Thanks and regards.
Bernard.

2 (edited by ramses 2018-03-16 12:55:01)

Re: UFX+ and Windows XP2

chartierb64 wrote:

Hello,

Sorry if there already is an answer somewhere in the forum but I didn't find any at first glance and I'm new here.

Question: Is there absolutly no chance to drive an UFX+ with Windows XP2 or did someone tried ?

Thanks and regards.
Bernard.

If I remember right Win XP had 1st no USB support and then later USB (1?) support came in in later service pacs.

Are you aware of that you need USB3 for the UFX+ ? You can also connect using USB2, but then you loose all MADI I/O. USB of course only with supported chipsets...

What HW do you have in terms of USB ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yes, I know I need USB3 to fully use UFX+ but I'm not UC re-equiped at the moment (in a near future I think).

I think I have to test because I think XP SP2 can support USB2 and I got black USB plugs backward the UC but don't find any specific information in the system configuration about those USB bus controllers.

But my question was, what about the UFX+ drivers and installation / USB - Windows XP2. May it function ? Are they not optimized or not programmed for this config ?

Thanks.
Bernard.

See driver download page for USB / UFX+
It lists all supported OS. Among them XP SP2.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

See driver download page for USB / UFX+
It lists all supported OS. Among them XP SP2.

No it does not, only at the top of the page. The ufx+ lists 7 to 10. The only XP driver is for older USB interfaces up to the babyface pro. (From the read me of XP driver)

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

ramses wrote:

If I remember right Win XP had 1st no USB support and then later USB (1?) support came in in later service pacs.

You are thinking of Windows 95 perhaps....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks all. I'll test anyway.
Regards. Bernard.

The UFX+ needs a working high quality isochronous mode with at least USB 2. No way with XP and its outdated hardware. That's why we not support it at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Maybe you should wipe out XP SP2 then from the download area ??

Did you read post 5? No reason to do this right now.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ups no, thanks for clarifying wink