Topic: ADI-2 DAC Firmware Update FPGA 11 DSP 20
The second firmware update for the ADI-2 DAC mostly includes improvements recently done on the ADI-2 Pro. Here are the news for FPGA version 11 and DSP version 20.
- Newly programmed DAC subclock module. Note that the underlying issue never showed up with the ADI-2 DAC.
- Reworked several reset and initialization schemes in various modes and sample rates to avoid unexpected clicks and noise burst issues.
- Playing a PCM file at 176.4 kHz followed by a DSD64 file where both files have audio from start to end (usually special test files, not music...) could cause a 250 ms noise burst during transition.
- The automatic DSD DoP detection (present as hardware module at the digital input, USB playback and in front of the DAC chip) can now be disabled. This option turned out to be necessary when using the ADI-2 DAC for measurements and generating extreme high frequencies , but is nothing to worry about if one is just listening to music. Default: SETUP - Options - Device Mode - DSD Detection - ON.
- New option 'Toggle Screen' in the Remap key section. Assigning this function to one of the programmable keys of the remote will toggle between the three top screens Analyzer, Dark Volume and State Overview. In case AutoDark is active the first press will show the current top screen for 10 seconds, a second press within this time changes to the next one. Note: the number of functions for Remap Keys is now 22.
Firmware download is here:
Note: the bit test files are now available with 4 seconds of play time, as the former 1 second caused problems on some playback devices or playback software.