1 (edited by Asba 2018-03-23 18:59:02)

Topic: USB/mac and connection problems

Hi,

Just got my ADI-2 pro. I'm having some problems though when using it through USB in macOS ver 10.10.5. I've updated the ADI-2-pro firmware to the newest. When listening to music from web based videos, youtube, iTunes I get sometimes little clicks and pops / harsh brittling noise. Any way around these?

Also If I have a optical in coming, the USB doesn't work for some reason, and I cant select the source manually, it's parameter is locked to "auto" and can't change it. Is there a way to have all USB, COAX, optical and AES connected at the same time?

Re: USB/mac and connection problems

Hi, on your second question, you haven't said what mode you are in or which output you are using, but perhaps use "DAC mode" in that application? (See user manual starting at page 33 or thereabouts.)

Re: USB/mac and connection problems

Yep, maybe the second question is not such a big deal, I can disconnect other cables when I'm not using them. But the noises and clicks and pops when using with USB are a real problem - for example when I'm previewing audio files on mac finder, sometimes there's some really annoying "digital" harsh noise which goes away when I disconnect the USB and reconnect it.