Topic: Using 2 Subs and 2 speakers.

Os ot possible to use two subs and two speakers with this DAC and control each pair seperatly?

Maybe connect the L unbal and the L bal for the speakers and the R bal and R unbal for the subs?

Or can I just plug via spidf into my existing audio interface setup and get the D-A conversion?

Re: Using 2 Subs and 2 speakers.

Which model of DAC do you mean ? Or do you mean "ADI-2 DAC" ?
Remember there are 3 RME DACs available, ADI-2 Pro / AE / DAC, where Pro and AE only differ in terms of the case.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Which model of DAC do you mean ? Or do you mean "ADI-2 DAC" ?
Remember there are 3 RME DACs available, ADI-2 Pro / AE / DAC, where Pro and AE only differ in terms of the case.

I'm referring to the ADI 2 DAC sorry. And yea I have a pair of sub towers and a speaker pair and I want to run them all together.

I just wanted to see how i could run all 4...wasnt sure if spidf required me to have them plugged into the RME or if conversion could take place with them being in my AXE FX interface.

4 (edited by nefilim 2018-04-24 17:29:58)

I don't think that's possible with the ADI-2 DAC, it only has two channels, unless you just want to use the crossovers in the subs and just need L & R channel duplicated.

I'm doing this with the ADI-2 Pro for my 2.2 setup: https://i.imgur.com/XH9rFjB.png - 4 independent channels, crossover etc is being done at the source in software.

From the block diagrams on page 36 of the ADI2-Pro manual it looks like analog is output to both XLR and TS outputs.

Could I somehow use a monitor controller?

nefilim wrote:

I don't think that's possible with the ADI-2 DAC, it only has two channels, unless you just want to use the crossovers in the subs and just need L & R channel duplicated.

I'm doing this with the ADI-2 Pro for my 2.2 setup: https://i.imgur.com/XH9rFjB.png - 4 independent channels, crossover etc is being done at the source in software.

From the block diagrams on page 36 of the ADI2-Pro manual it looks like analog is output to both XLR and TS outputs.

Dordan1993 wrote:

Sure, but since you will need to use amps too, don't they have any level control?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I guess ive not been good at explaining lol. I have 2 homemade dsp software controlled monitors amd 2 software dsp controlled sub towers. I'm trying to have them on separate channels so o can control the DSP to flatten them out with digital crossovers. I dont know if the ADI 2  PRO can do this. I was going to route the monitors out through the headphone pair aince they are 3/4? If that makes sense.I wanted to get the dac and split the single headphone out with a splitter but I don't wanna blow something up...amd yes both pairs share a power amp. 1 for subs and 1 for monitors .

Sorry lol

vinark wrote:
Dordan1993 wrote:

Sure, but since you will need to use amps too, don't they have any level control?