Topic: UFX2: bitcrushing on inputs

Hi,

just switched from a fireface800 to an UFX2.

everything runs fine in playback and direct monitorings of the inputs through totalmix. this both in DAWs or in Windows, when set as playback device.

Audio recorded from any input (digital or analogue) in either Cubase or Reaper sounds like it has been processed through a bitcrusher. levels are fine.

I tried to switch USB3 ports (tried them all, each after careful reboot) without success. tried to set tampling rate to both internal and fixed to 44.1.

latest drivers and firmware.

any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance !!

System:
Win7 SP2+
i7-5930K
Asus X99 deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080

Re: UFX2: bitcrushing on inputs

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 19#p131019

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

HI MC,

thanks for the link. It seems I am affected neither by Nvidia's driver nor the xHCI hand-off issue.

I was nevertheless able to find the root cause: my Logitech's keyboard wireless dongle, when plugged to any USB3 port will generate this bitcrusher effect on the recording inputs. once placed on the only remaining USB2 port, the Fireface UFX2 behaves normally.

Would a PCIe USB3 card solve any issue if the UFX2 would be plugged alone into it ? IF so, would you have some recommendations ?

Thanks !

Although you dont need an USB3 card as it also only would work in USB2 compat mode ... the sonnet cards with FL 1100 chips are nice and have good drivers (MSI based).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I use the standard Logitech dongle myself for keyboard and mouse and never had this effect in any USB 3 port, not directly (Intel) nor via USB-3 hub (Via).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

What happens when you put the Logitech dongle in an USB 2 port?

I am using three Logitech dongles myself, which keyboard and dongle do you use (unifying?)?