Topic: IO settings and SETUP settings cannot to be changed

My DAC IO settings and SETUP settings cannot to be changed. I operated it following  the manual. Is it a defect unit? Or any trick needed to chang the settings. The unit playbacks normally. Anynoe can help? Many thks.

2 (edited by ramses 2018-05-08 17:39:32)

Re: IO settings and SETUP settings cannot to be changed

mnszzz wrote:

My DAC IO settings and SETUP settings cannot to be changed. I operated it following  the manual. Is it a defect unit? Or any trick needed to chang the settings. The unit playbacks normally. Anynoe can help? Many thks.

Can you put a concrete example? What you wanted to achieve, describing the single config steps and then tell exactly, what did not work as expected by you?

BTW ... which model? Do you mean "ADI-2 DAC" or ADI-2 Pro/AE which is also a DAC from functional perspective?

Which firmware is in use?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Some interface related settings can only be changed when USB is not connected.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

For example , after i power on the unit ,i push te I/O key to set hi-power mode on, it display the as the pic(no pic upload in the forum?). i turn  encoder 2,the mode did not change. i try other operation , such as pushing or turning encoder 2 or 1,no setting changed. i have tried plug and unplug the usb, phone,iem.
the firmware ver. is v2.0. i forgot wheter i have changed  firmware. when i ownload the driver(win), i donwload latest firmware and flashed it.

ramses wrote:
mnszzz wrote:

My DAC settings and SETUP settings cannot to be changed. I operated it following  the manual. Is it a defect unit? Or any trick needed to chang the settings. The unit playbacks normally. Anynoe can help? Many thks.

Can you put a concrete example? What you wanted to achieve, describing the single config steps and then tell exactly, what did not work as expected by you?

BTW ... which model? Do you mean "ADI-2 DAC" or ADI-2 Pro/AE which is also a DAC from functional perspective?

My unit is adi-2 dac fs.

ramses wrote:
mnszzz wrote:

You can not manually change that mode when AutoRef level (the automatic for it) is active. That is factory default, described in the manual and greyed out for that reason.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

AutoRef level is in  OFF status, this is cannot be changed too. i cannot chang any other setting, such as DA Filter mode. now is in SD Sharp status.

MC wrote:

You can not manually change that mode when AutoRef level (the automatic for it) is active. That is factory default, described in the manual and greyed out for that reason.

where can i got the firmware for adi-2 dac  other than v2.0 version?  The link in  posts on the top of this forum is link to the latest version.

MC wrote:

l

DA filter mode can not be changed when you are at a sample rate higher than 192 kHz, or using DSD playback mode.

The unit's latest firmware is FPGA11 DSP 20. As you see a '20' on startup it is already on the correct one.

While I cannot rule out a defective unit maybe a small video of trying to change settings would help...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I maybe very bad luck for me. I bought adi-2 dac on amazon.us, and it was delivered at April 10. I reported the unit defective to support@rem-audio.de at 2018/5/10, no reply yet. I left massage on rem-usa.com, no reply yet. I read replace policy on amazon that the replace request may be with 30 days after delivery.Sigh!