Topic: Efficient subwoofer integration

Hello, will try and keep this brief. I want to add a subwoofer that I already own into my setup (Rythmik F12), it doesn't have crossover points for integration with my monitors (Adam A7), and I don't want to spend money on a crossover, so I'm trying to use total mix to smoothly integrate it using EQ/LC of totalmix...

So far, I have done it almost perfectly using speaker A and B.

"A" goes to monitors, "B" goes to subwoofer. I set the level I want on the subwoofer and then link it to the main outputs in totalmix. Adjusting the "main out" volume in totalmix adjusts both levels perfectly.

Seems great except...I can only have either Speaker A output playing or Speaker B playing, but not both.

Another option is I could set the subwoofer up as a regular output and not "speaker B" but then I won't get the linked levels between them, which is pretty important because once I set the right levels and EQ/filter settings I basically want to leave those settings permanently and would only be adjusting the one level control (main out) which would adjust the monitors and subwoofer together, this is very important and precisely what I'm struggling to achieve.

Anyway to allow both speaker A and speaker B output at the same time ? why isn't this allowed ? I feel like even if I was using two sets of monitors, I would occasionally want to hear both playing at the same time. I get that its quite smooth in that one button does a perfectly timed swap between them which is very useful, but an option to override this would be really great.

Totalmix is beautiful so I don't want to come across as ungrateful here, but is their anyway to do what I'm trying to achieve ?

thank you for your time

- Dan

Re: Efficient subwoofer integration

a) For what you want you should use a "regular" out for the subwoofer and use the "Groups" functionality to link it to your main out (fader).
b) You can't have both Main and Speaker B playing at the same time. To have two sets of speakers playing both at the same time you should again use the "regular" out and link it to Main if needed.

3 (edited by setzer 2018-05-13 17:47:01)

Re: Efficient subwoofer integration

True this works, thank you.

I stupidly realized that I am using an external box for volume control "JBL M-Patch2" of my fireface 802 because it doesn't have a main volume control so I actually can't really do the levels the way i want anyways... hmm

But as far as totalmix goes, this absolutely works.