Topic: TotalMixFX Ipad Pro Remote Connectivity

Sorry, tried to search for answer and after 2 hours of trying...I'm getting nowhere.

Installed all updates on computer and Ipad. Input correct IP address into HOST CONNECTION 1 and it is active.  upon initial startup, Ipad shows 1 second of  Fireface UFX+ connected, then 1 second of offline then a steady " no access!".

The tap on this shows Fireface UFX+ (1) @241 which is the last digits of the ip address.  Strong wifi on Ipad, Latest download of totalmix (1503).  The port is on 7009.  I did try and enable user management ..no password and "do all".  That does not seem to do anything for me.

I changed the port number to7008 and  7010 and that changes eliminates the " NO ACCESS" portion but only reads "offline" however as soon as I change the network remote settings in totalmix to a matching 7008 or 7010....it returns the no access comment.

The interface data in Totalmix remote on the ipad shows Fireface UFX+ (1) @241

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961

Re: TotalMixFX Ipad Pro Remote Connectivity

This sounds like the UDP communication is blocked - and the reason for that is usually a Firewall on your host computer. Can you disable that one completely for a minute just to check if it works then?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank You MC....disabled the Windows firewall but no change.  Upon installation, the firewall was given permission for the REMOTE TMFX but tried the disable again with no result.  Ill keep digging into it

The remote app on the computer tries to search for a PORT upon initial startup but runs continuously with no result either. The blue line just keeps repeating over and over

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961

Remote and TM FX host can not run on the same computer simultaneously - because they use the same port. So if it's not Windows Firewall - what about an additional Firewall from any Antivirus solution, and UDP blocked in your router?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by knuckle47 2018-05-14 22:05:07)

You are correct on the UDP problem.  Received a message on the ipad that says NO UDP DATA RECEIVED CHECK WINDOWS FIREWALL.

Naturally, network stuff is my least capable skill...

6 (edited by knuckle47 2018-05-17 00:00:23)

Before I go any further, can someone confirm I am using the right app?

On my computer:  Totalmix FX 1.50 (3)
On the iPad: Totalmix Remote iPad App 1.12

What purpose is the TotalMix REMOTE for the computer.  IF, I try to open it, it just constantly looks for a host connection over and over and over...

EDIT ::15 minutes later:  Just added a few changes to the Windows firewall and made SLIGHT Progress.. IF I use the mouse to adjust a fader on the computer, it shows that movement on the iPad.  IF I use the iPad to adjust a fader...nothing happens on the computer, they will bounce back to the settings originally made and mirror the computer. Latency for that action is about 1 second.  Anything clicked on the computer, shows up on the iPad about 1 second later.

Also the Upper right section of the iPad that shows connectivity flashes" CONNECTED / then OFFLINE and back and forth continuously

Any ideas much appreciated

EDIT  About 1 HOUR LATER:  Solved

For any number of reasons, the computer application of TMFX was reporting the host address as 192.168.1.241.  After several hours today, it reported a different address which I plugged into the iPad and made it active...IT WORKS

I don't know that this helps anyone but...its solved for now

knuckle47 wrote:

What purpose is the TotalMix REMOTE for the computer

Obviously not to remote  TotalMix FX from the same computer where TM FX is already present. But to remote it from a different computer - instead of an iPad as you do. That can be a Windows tablet, a notebook, another desktop in a different room...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you....that had not occurred to me