Topic: Totalmix Main outs 1 and 2 locked as Stereo?

Hi

I cannot seem to "unlock" the main out of 1 and 2 from stereo of my Fireface 800 with the newer version of Totalmix.
Also Phone 9 and 10.

Or am I missing something?

All the other channels can be separated to be mono using the spanner icon - so hardware inputs can be routed to any hardware output as a singular entity - yet in 1 and in 2 can only be to out 1 and 2 respectively.

Yesterday i was tracking and found I could not "on the fly" quickly reroute live input 1 to hardware output 2 via the matrix.
I do this to get zero latency monitoring as I use an analogue mixer for all monitoring and headphone mixing - and this is important when I am building up overdubs from the same source mic across the desk and managing their headphones.

It was straightforward on the older version - and enabled me to completely avoid any through DAW monitoring and gave me complete control and freedom to manage the environment.

Just to give an idea of my workflow :

8 Neve preamps normalled through patchbay to inputs 1-8 of FF800 - Outputs 1-8 of FF800 normalled back out to patchbay to Channels 1-8 of analogue mixer.

Inputs and outputs 9-24 of analogue mixer are handled by 2x adat converters hooked up to the ff800. All normalled Ins and outs via patchbay.

cheers

Barks

Re: Totalmix Main outs 1 and 2 locked as Stereo?

Assign another output (or none) as Main and then you will be able to split 1/2 into Mono. The behaviour is normal for the Control Room outputs.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME