Topic: Hearing double sound with optical in signal record monitor(ADI-2 DAC )

Hi,

I am using pro tools 11 and trying to record something with my Sony PCM D50 optical out signal.There is a problem about double sound monitoring.

My ADI-2 Dac mode is USB(Rec opt.). I create a aux track and set input "SPDIF", the sound come out but like double or some effects. Tried to set buffer size 32 and nothing better.

I am thinking the ADI-2 monitor my input and double the sound source with PCM D50. If not enable record audio/aux track, it is no sound. So, I am confuse what is going on. Are there someone doing optical recording monitor with double sound issues? It is only happen with monitoring, recorded clips are normal...

Re: Hearing double sound with optical in signal record monitor(ADI-2 DAC )

The ADI-2 Pro and DAC do not have monitoring, as you already noticed (not enable record audio/aux track - no sound).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Hearing double sound with optical in signal record monitor(ADI-2 DAC )

MC wrote:

The ADI-2 Pro and DAC do not have monitoring, as you already noticed (not enable record audio/aux track - no sound).

Yes, I am quite sure not having monitoring. But is it really input lag matter? It likes playing two same clips(that’s what i call double sound) . I already set 32 buffer size and what I can do...

Sony d50/adi-2 dac/pro tools session
All set 24/48