Topic: adi 2 dac auto ref level or manual settings

hello again :-)

i have a Question. i use the adi 2 dac in combination with my violectric v 281 headphone amp i connect it via xlr to my adi 2 dac.

so far so good.

it is said that in the Manual the dbu go from -5 to + 24 (with xlr +6 db) the highest dbu i can chooose manually is only 13 and when i set my adi 2 dac to Auto ref Level the highest dbu i can reach is also only +13.( the Display on the adi 2 dac Shows this number)

so i know +13 dbu is loud enough and +7 dbu will fit perfectly but why cant i set it to +19 or +24 ????? i have fear tha t my adi 2 dac is broken or have somme issue with his Firmware??

thanks a lot for your advice

Alex

2 (edited by ramses 2018-06-17 10:46:55)

Re: adi 2 dac auto ref level or manual settings

In my ADI-2 DAC I can choose between -5, 1, 7, 13 dBu, Firmware version is v20. The handbook of the ADI-2 DAC tells at several parts in the text, that up to +19 dBu shall be possible.

Either +19 is simply a typo in the ADI-2 DAC manual or there is a selection missing in the latest firmware.

The ADI-2 Pro allows for these Levels: +4, +13, +19, +24 dBu, which is equal to the documented values in the technical specifications chapter of manual. Firmware v86.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: adi 2 dac auto ref level or manual settings

Either - or - overlooked: The balanced output is always 6 dB higher.

And the +24 is a typo in an older version of the manual (most probably the printed one).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME