Topic: Selection Boxes blacked out...

When I open the MADIface Series Settings window for my UFX+ (Driver 0.9673.0) Windows 10 Version 1803 - all of the selection boxes are blacked out

Word Clock In Term.
EQ+D for Record
TMS
Iso Streaming
Clock Mode: Single Speed

Is there some setting that I am not aware of or is this a mile function of some kind?

UFX+ x2 ; Babyface Pro x2; UFX Original;  Windows 10 64 bit ; Intel core i9 9900KS CPU; 64 Gig DDR4

Re: Selection Boxes blacked out...

I expect some problem with your current graphics driver that can't render these Windows standard design elements. Try to look for an update.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I expect some problem with your current graphics driver that can't render these Windows standard design elements. Try to look for an update.

I had just installed the latest NIVIDIA driver update before this situation presented itself.
I will try rolling back to the previous driver to see if that helps.

UFX+ x2 ; Babyface Pro x2; UFX Original;  Windows 10 64 bit ; Intel core i9 9900KS CPU; 64 Gig DDR4

...I just turned on my computer to change the graphics driver and the problem was gone without changing anything...

This is a continuing situation.  I turned on my computer today and all the same selection boxes are blacked out again...

Reply to: Selection Boxes blacked out...

Ouch! Same problem here. Latest Win10Pro64, latest FF400 driver. BTW: Asus Z170, Skylake + onboard Intel graphic.
Selection boxes black out.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag-BkXV1L7sEnLkulc3TSjhQf4_RUA

Michal

---
Michal Skopik
audioarchivist
Straznice/Czech Republik

At least I'm not alone!

Second computer, this time older notebook (2012!, same latest W10PRO64). Again FF400, latest firmware. Upgrade from 3.121 driver to latest 3.124. No problem at all, Fireface Settings panel working without (graphic) glitches. Of course the card itself just works, no drops etc.

I decided to reinstall driver on first machine (DAW). Incl. proper deinstall etc. Let´s see if it helps.

Michal

---
Michal Skopik
audioarchivist
Straznice/Czech Republik

Still testing. Second day - different situation:
PC1 (DAW) - problem is gone. And yes, I restarted yesterday, twice... Today, same system, no update, no changes - just error dissappeared.
PC2 (notebook) - still o. k. Just typing on this comp and listening to music.

Michal

---
Michal Skopik
audioarchivist
Straznice/Czech Republik

I use a RME Babyface Pro with a HP Lap Top DAW and I just experienced the blacked out selection boxes with that kit.
It's possible that this problem is related to the "Windows Defender Security program.
  The selection boxes were displayed as normal until I opened Windows Defender and started to update the definitions for Windows Defender - then when I checked the selection boxes were blacked out.
I checked the selection boxes again after Windows Defender had completed it's updating process and the selection boxes were back to normal.

RuffRider wrote:

I use a RME Babyface Pro with a HP Lap Top DAW and I just experienced the blacked out selection boxes with that kit.
It's possible that this problem is related to the "Windows Defender Security program.
  The selection boxes were displayed as normal until I opened Windows Defender and started to update the definitions for Windows Defender - then when I checked the selection boxes were blacked out.
I checked the selection boxes again after Windows Defender had completed it's updating process and the selection boxes were back to normal.

BTW:
First - I´m using Eset Smart Security on both machines.
Second - My good´ ol HP Notebook works from start with new drivers without any glitch (some ATI onboard graphic). "Problem" manifested on DAW (Asus Skylake, Z170 Intel chipset, integrated graphic in tower case).
Now I´m on 4th day and everything works as expected. I can´t reproduce (a possible) bug and that´s fine.
Quite a different situation, isn´t it?

M.

---
Michal Skopik
audioarchivist
Straznice/Czech Republik

The cause of the random blacked out selection boxes most likely lies within the Windows 10 system...

I have not had any appearances of the blacked out selection boxes since I updated to the current Windows 10 OS build Ver. 1803 build 17134.137