1 (edited by Miked 2018-07-01 16:16:04)

Topic: Fireface UFX - No Output and Intermitent Input Level Spikes...

Greetings.

I've had my Fireface UFX for (likely) 5 plus years now and not only has the sound quality been amazing in everything I've done with it, but it's also been 100% bullet proof...until today sad...

When I fired it up this morning all indications were that it was receiving signal thru the regular channels normally. Unfortunately, there was zero output. While I was trouble shooting, it intermittently began to indicate spiked input levels across all of the analog channels (where the of the analog inputs were 100% red on the screen). However, there was no signal being presented to the unit which would have caused this issue.

I have downloaded the latest firmware etc, looked at just about everything I can think of, but I'm still in the zero output category, with the input spikes returning intermittently.

Searching around online I see discussions around capacitors and power supplies. My hope is that someone here might have some magic/Jedi/Super Power tricks smile???

I am sad sad...

Ears Open and greatly appreciate any input available and/or direction to similar threads if they exist.

Cheers, Miked...

Re: Fireface UFX - No Output and Intermitent Input Level Spikes...

No tricks, you will need to send in the unit for repair. Contact your local RME distributor for service options.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff...

I already have a note in to our Canadian RME Rep over at Erikson. It being a holiday here right now I anticipate hearing back tomorrow.

Appreciate the feedback, I'll update once we have the issue and fix identified.

Cheers, Miked.

@Jeff
Is the an issue with the power supply or is it more complicated than that?

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

God morgon Eric och jag hoppas allt är bra hemma smile!

The unit is now in the hands of Erikson (our RME rep here in Canada), and it is anticipated to be a power supply issue. I will post the findings, cost to repair etc once the situation has been rectified and the unit recovered.

Skål

Tjenare och Skål! big_smile

Did the power supply fix that issue or was it more complicated than that?

/Eric

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

Miked wrote:

God morgon Eric och jag hoppas allt är bra hemma smile!

The unit is now in the hands of Erikson (our RME rep here in Canada), and it is anticipated to be a power supply issue. I will post the findings, cost to repair etc once the situation has been rectified and the unit recovered.

Skål

Please keep us posted!  My UFX is also approaching its 5th birthday...

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Hello! I am having the same problem, keep me informed about what can be, I am in Argentina and the RME service is really very slow here and I need to continue working smile

Thank you!