1 (edited by 2bnothing 2018-07-13 06:49:16)

Topic: UFX+ USB recognition problem

Hi, I'm using UFX +.

When I turn on UFX + and boot the computer, it is set to USB 2.0. (Yellow light)

And then I reboot again, it is set to USB 3.0. (Blue light)

Why is this?

I've re-installed the drivers, the firmware, and removed the USB related drivers from the device manager and reinstalled them,

but the results are the same.

Should I consider replacing the M/B?

2 (edited by ramses 2018-07-13 09:06:18)

Re: UFX+ USB recognition problem

I propose to read handbook chapter 39.3 to gather USB related information, compatibility information and about USB diagnosis.

1. Open the RME Driver Settings dialog and observe USB Diagnosis whether you get CRC errors, for this purpuse you need to keep this window open.

2. Did you try different USB cables on different USB3 ports ?

3. The USB port that you use .. is it coming from your mainboards chipset ? See also compatibility information in the handbook.

BTW ... Infos about your PC are missing (Hardware, Operating System). If windows 10 then please tell whether its still Fall Creators (1709) or Redstone (1804).

Just looked into your older posting and see that it is about the same issue. Please keep everything about the same issue in one thread, it increases the overview for everybody trying to support you, many thanks.

EDIT: Information from other thread: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 78#p132278
RME Driver: version 47
OS/HW: windows10 home 1803 / i7-3770 / RAM 16G

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Everything Ramses wrote. Plus:

- you could update to USB 49

- you can change the interface mode from AUTO to USB3

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

- you could update to USB 49

Do you have a link ? I didn't find USB v49.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

That's because the USB Win FUT is the only one missing, all others are already updated. Coming soon.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME