Topic: UFX No sound but starts eventually

I'm a great RME fan, I've been so for 15 odd years.
In my studios we have FF400' and 800's and UFX's used all the time. Set and Forget really,...rock solid.

My UFX however has developed this problem that I'm looking at advice on how to resolve. The machine is probably 4 or 5 years old and in comparison to the other units used far less. The UFX (Under latest OSX and RME Drivers), upon startup doesn't seem to emit any sound from its outputs (All of them) despite the TOTAL MIX displaying that this in fact is doing so. The Meters on the output stage all register an output but NOTHING comes out.

If however, I leave the unit on with the mac playing music for about 10 minutes, it eventually then works. Sound as usual and no erratic behaviour.

I've started just leaving the UFX always powered up (Which I'm sure has its drawbacks) but every time I shut it down and it seems to be about 30 minutes power up again, I have to wait for the output to start again.

Any suggestions? Is this a software or a hardware issue and how do I resolve it?

Regards,
Hylton

Re: UFX No sound but starts eventually

Most probably internal power supply -> service...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: UFX No sound but starts eventually

Thanks, it does however sound like an expensive problem. Is this common in the UFX? None of my other 800's or 400's have had this and they are waaaaayyyyyyyyy older and have been defiantly more abused!