Topic: Weird problems with latest ASIO drivers

Hi,
I'm encountering some strange issues with the latest ASIO drivers that I never had before.
1) When playing back some music for example with the Spotify app and then starting a software that uses ASIO, I get severe crackling in the music that remains until I stop playback and start it again. I never had that in the past, I could open tons of programs using either ASIO or Windows Audio and never had any conflicts.
2) Sometimes a software using ASIO just doesn't output any sound. For example I start the playback in Cubase, all the meters in the mix console as well as the output shows activity but nothing is audible. When looking at Total Mix FX there's no signal at all. To solve this I have to either switch to a different ASIO driver and back to the RME one or change my latency. Then everything is back to normal. The weird thing is, this issue can happen when I either start a program or leave it untouched for five minutes or so (I'm not using any power saving features).

My Setup: RME UFX and UCX, using the latest driver, connected to a Windows 10 Home PC, latest version.

Re: Weird problems with latest ASIO drivers

Is nobody else experiencing this issue?
Best,
Klaus

3 (edited by ramses 2018-07-24 06:29:02)

Some genereal questions about 2-device operation.
Which device is clock master ?
Are the two devices clock synchronized ? Over which digital connection between the two devices ?
Do you use the same ASIO buffersize for the two devices ?
Please send screenshots of the RME driver settingsdialog for both devices.

Its required that you tell the concrete version numbers of drivers and operating system. If somebody looks at the thread later it would be less informative for other people. Shall RME release a new drivers in a couple of days this could be very misleading in the communication / troubleshooting. Many thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I use an UFX and UFX II with ASIO and occasionally also WDM (because of browser and spotify).

I use one UFX as master the other as slave via ADAT.
Works great.
Slave even follows samplerate over ADAT.

Drivers:
UFX driver_usb_win_1164.zip
UFX II  driver_madiface_win_09673.zip

opsys: Win7 Pro Servicepack1

Hi Ramses,
the UFX is the clock master, the UCX is synced via Word Clock. And yes, I always use the same buffer size for both devices. It worked perfectly for years and now it doesn't anymore.
Win 10 version is 1803 and driver version is 1.164.
https://www.coldsteelmusic.de/UFX.PNG
https://www.coldsteelmusic.de/UCX.PNG

ColdSteel wrote:

I'm encountering some strange issues with the latest ASIO drivers that I never had before.

Which ASIO driver version worked for you ? Was this already under Win10 1803 ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Definitely fine was 1.099. And this was before the last big Windows update.
Best,
Klaus

Did you have the old driver 1.099 running via Win10 1803 for some time and with what results ?

No, I didn't. I ran that one with the fall creators update (was it called like that?).

Any updates on this topic? The ASIO driver is still "muting/crashing" frequently.