Topic: ADI2 DAC Bass/Treble/Loudness Problem

I recently purchased a ADI2 DAC, used it for a while, I just started adjusting EQ, however I cannot get the Bass/Treble or Loudness
to work (Parametric EQ works fine). I also noticed that the small encoders do not adjust/show B/T settings anymore and on the display window B/T always show B/T as 0dB even though in the settings I have both B/T adjusted. On the Loudness side, same situation, I am aware loudness is heard at lower levels but still I don't hear any effect when on/off or when I adjust the low vol level. It does not work on both Main and phones and both B/T and loudness are ON.
I have the latest software update (21/June 2018)

Please advice.

thanks

Re: ADI2 DAC Bass/Treble/Loudness Problem

Are you sure you did not activate them for the IEM? Or are you plaing back DSD?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I tested with the IEM and I get the same results, no B/T or Loudness. I am playing back USB, I just tested with Coax in and it works as expected both B/T and loudness. but not with USB in (?)

4 (edited by ramses 2018-07-20 20:19:42)

Quick check with ADI-2 DAC Software v21.

EDIT: false alarm from my side.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I found out it is a limitation of the DSP, at 44.1 and up to 38400 sample rate, B/T and Loudness work with USB. I need to try different configurations. The DSP limitations are on Page 16 pf the manual (8.7)

thanks!

6 (edited by ramses 2018-07-20 20:24:43)

I found out why its not working for me, maybe for you similar issue:

As I wanted to use the remap key feature I configured under Options:
Mute Line              Toggle Ph/Line
and:
Remap Keys          ON
I/O(2)                    Toggle Ph/Line

So I had to push button 2 on the device to switch between Phones and Lines wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13