Topic: flash tool doesn't report error when no device is connected

I have permanently an USB cable connected to the ADI-2 Pro. I didn't notice that the USB cable slipped out.
As a result of this flashing of firmware did not work, but in a very unexpected way that created much work,
as I didn't expect that the USB cable slipped out and because Music playback worked (through UFX+/MADI/XTC).

The flash tool doesn't report any message, no window opens, nothing, that no flashable device has been found.
So I thought that I have an issue with Windows.
Looked through "Event Protocol" (what a crap tool compared to Unix syslog)
Restored an old Win7 backup of 2 months ago.
Tried Windows 10.

It took me nearly 3 hours to finally find out "by accident" that the USB cable was disconnected,
when trying to connect the ADI-2 DAC, oh dear wink

May I propose that the flash tool displays an error message when no flashable device has been found ?

Its so extremely irritating that you doubleclick a progam and nothing is being displayed.
I know from past that sometimes it takes up to ~10 seconds until the 1st window of RME SW installer or
flash tool is being displayed (dont remember exactly which one). So I always waited for a minute or so,
but nothing happened.

Would be great if you kindly could implement something like this.

Many thanks .. at least I validated, that backup/restore still works wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13