Topic: Assigning aes/ebu as main monitor ff802

Hi everyone,

I’m considering buying studiio monitors with digital ins, roland ds5 features aes/ebu and toslink. Before i buy them i went on total mix fx and assigned aes as the output of the main monitor. The main mix stripe then disppeared. The analogs 1 and 2 returned to the outputs row leaving nothing as a main out. i must say no cables were plugged in aes/ebu out.

Has anyone ever tried fireface 802 aes/ebu out as a source for monitoring?

Re: Assigning aes/ebu as main monitor ff802

Driver and TotalMix FX version?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi!!

the driver is 3.32

and totalmix fx is: 1.50 beta 4 MAC OS X (is this even a real version? sorry, for some reason the tab "about totalmix fx isn't opening)

That looks like you use FireWire with an outdated beta driver. Current driver version on our website is 3.35.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ok, thanks for the advice. I already downloaded and installed latest version of ff driver. however i'm still unable to assign AES out as main out nor main out B source. Is it impossible to do so?

Works fully normal and expected over here. What firmware is in the FF802? Can you provide screenshots to show that AES out is missing in the Assign list for Main out? And did you enable all channels in the Settings dialog, section 'Limit Bandwidth'?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME