Topic: TM Remote: Help! I'm network challenged.

I am sure it is me ... but I can't seem to successfully follow the directions to connect via remote to TotalMix running on Win 10 with the iPad app.

Among other challenges:

The iPad app's settings menu 'Help' tell me to go in TotalMix to Options and select "Network ...," which doesn't exist in the menu. So I chose 'Enable OSC ... "

When I then go to settings in TotalMix and select the OSC tab it has a field for the ip address of the remote device ... but the field doesn't permit any data entry. I surmised that the ip address of my iPad on the network is supposed to go here ... but I can't make any entry. This also applies to the port settings. Simply it seems that the settings window is 'locked,' but I see no way to enable it.

The ip addresses that show up in the iPad app don't reflect the addresses on the network. I changed the address to first reflect the actual address of the Win 10 computer running Total Mix and also the ip address that shows up in Total Mix on the host ... but the iPad app does not show any "Found Devices," again surmising, probably because the ports cannot be set.

Is there any comprehensive tutorial about setting all this up?

UFX+, ADI-648, Win 10, i7 10 core 3Ghz 64 Gb, Cubase 9, PT 12.8

Re: TM Remote: Help! I'm network challenged.

OSC is a different way to control the mixer remotely.

I suspect your TotalMix version (and therefore driver) is not updated. Once you have the current driver version installed you should see the Network settings.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: TM Remote: Help! I'm network challenged.

Thank you, Jeff.

I will update and see how it goes.

UFX+, ADI-648, Win 10, i7 10 core 3Ghz 64 Gb, Cubase 9, PT 12.8