Topic: UFX analog inputs not responding

Hello,

I have recently discovered very strange behavior from the UFX in our radio station production studio. At first the meters and LEDs corresponding to the analog inputs (8 line ins and 4 mic ins) were blinking wildly (I have photos and video of this). After I reset the unit the lights calmed down, but none of the analog line or mic level inputs seem to work. Digital I/O and PC connections seem to work normally.

I updated the PC drivers and system firmware to the latest versions, but this did nothing to alleviate the problem. Any thoughts?

Sacsound

Re: UFX analog inputs not responding

Device needs service. Often it is the power supply that needs to be replaced.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for confirming this, MC.

Is this the type of repair our radio station engineer (a competent all-around tech) could attempt, or due to parts and schematic availability or other reasons one we should send to Synthax or another service center? Any additional advice on this would be welcome.

You should be able to order the ps from Synthax, exchange is easy for a competent technician. That said there is also public information on how to fix it....

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27442

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks so much for this information. Very helpful!

sacsound wrote:

Thanks so much for this information. Very helpful!

Hello sacsound! Unfortunately I have the same problem with my UFX, could you fix it? Was it the power supply? Thank you! Regards!

Ruben