1 (edited by fiddler2007 2018-10-31 10:00:39)

Topic: USB and audiostuttering with AMD Radeon - Windows 10

I'd like to share this . I think i finally found why USB audio stutters happen especially with AMD games graphics cards and Windows 10 64bit 1803. In my case i was forced to use the default Microsoft GPU drivers, but then i had occasional graphics related crashes with Cubase among others. Maybe worth a sticky. So i reinstalled the latest AMD Radeon drivers. Again stuttering, appearing after a while, especially after playing f.i. Youtube videos etc.

As such it seemed to me that some buffer gradually overloads, so i searched across various gaming sites and found this solution, and it seems to work:

(Quote) Performance Tip for AMD GPU users for stutter/lag

Microstuttering and laggy playback is an all-too-known issue with any gaming system, and some good people on the net have come up with a possible issue with AMD installs:

AMD installs a service to write to the Event Log called ATIeRecord. If your event logs are huge and/or fragmented, then this service will record while you are gaming, and the recording lag from bad fragmented system files will hammer your performance with lags and stutters.

The fix?

Disable the service.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Atierecord]
"eRecordEnable"=dword:00000000

Set to "1" by default which enables it. Disable it by setting it to "0" ................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: If you install, re-install or update the AMD Radeon drivers it is set back to '1' !!
PS, there seems to be a similar thing with NVDIA GPU cards, maybe there's some similar setting.

Re: USB and audiostuttering with AMD Radeon - Windows 10

"eRecordEnable" only not "eRecordEnablePopup"?

3 (edited by fiddler2007 2018-11-02 16:54:45)

wasn't mentioned .. PS i had stuttering only once since, and behold, the atierecord was active again. Also cleaned out all unused old USB drivers with USBdeview and installed older GPU drivers. Seems stable sofar.

Cool, good tweak to know but didn't solve my issue. Will have to remember it once I get my system functioning properly again.

5 (edited by fiddler2007 2018-11-11 03:55:34)

Meanwhile stutters came back occasionally. Microsoft GPU drivers useless f.i. with Cubase and Wavelab due graphic issues.

So i downloaded the latest AMD radeon R7 360 drivers, installed them without Relive, and am experimenting with various Game settings. Momentarily i ended up with these, see picture.  F

Picture: AMD settings

https://www.mediafire.com/view/3f765e1kx21xjxf/AMD_Radeon_gaming_settings_01.jpg