Topic: Problem with sound on fireface uc

Hello!
I bought a fireface uc several months ago and I have this problem with it:
Sometimes when I turn it on, if I play a track in foobar, or ableton for example, it doesn't play at the correct pitch. This issue seems to remediate if I change the sampling rate, but there is a more subltle problem. Even when it seems to be playing at correct pitch sometimes the sound is bad. I feel it mostly in the kicks of the tracks, sometimes the kick sounds ok (full and punchy, you can perceive very well the transients), but sometimes it sounds really bad (the transients are blurry, and the low end undefined).

Do you guys ever encountered such a problem with your interface? I run it on windows 10 with the latest drivers and firmware.

Thank you!

2 (edited by hydrogen 2018-11-06 17:45:16)

Re: Problem with sound on fireface uc

very curious.

i wonder if this happens to me sometimes

Did you check the USB error display in the Settings dialog in such a case?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

where would the error display?

https://imgur.com/a/QJiL3rR
(couldn't attach an image this is the best i can do right now... it is the Fireface USB settings window.)

I replied to AlexV.

You, hydrogen, don't use Windows 10. The error display is explained in the manual, and there is none for Mac with USB 2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I replied to AlexV.

You, hydrogen, don't use Windows 10. The error display is explained in the manual, and there is none for Mac with USB 2.

Sorry I highjacked! I hope Alex can work it out.

7 (edited by AlexV 2019-09-12 22:43:09)

MC wrote:

Did you check the USB error display in the Settings dialog in such a case?

Sorry for the delayed response. It seems that I didn't subscribe to the thread. I moved back to macintosh because windows was giving me too many headaches, but I felt the problem still persisted. Another issue associated with that behavior was that sometimes the unit would load as Fireface UC 0(     ) with no serial number in TotalMix. I bought a Oyaide USB cable. The sound has improved but the problem still persisted. After a firmware update last month I don't seem to encounter these kind of issues but now I have this problem : https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 08#p145208