Topic: Digiface USB and Behringer ADA8200

Hi, new member here.  Is there anyone using the above combination and if so could let me know how it's working?  My old Interface died and whilst I'd love to go for one of the higher up RME ones I can't afford that at the moment.  Thanks.

2 (edited by panatrope 2018-11-06 03:09:38)

Re: Digiface USB and Behringer ADA8200

The original ADA8000 worked pretty well, especially for the price.  (IIRC MC had a bit of a hand in its design  - or was that the UltraMatch??)  There were a couple of production changes during its lifetime, including replacing original Alesis components that went out of production, and not all of these were for the better.  I was more than happy with the results I obtained (using it with an original BabyFace) for the jobs I gave it.  Biggest operational issues - only worked 44K1/48K and phantom powering was "all 'er nuthin'" ...  Much happier when I got the UFX

I have not used the new version (ADA8200) but improvements are said to include the pre-amps (the Midas touch??).  Obviously what you get when the price is about 2 or 3 SM58s (a unit of economic comparison rather like the "Big Mac") is different from the price of a pair of C414 ULS'

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

Thanks, most useful (all input is useful as it gets me thinking on lines I might not have).

The phantom power switching on the Behringer is a little bit annoying but my previous interface had it in blocks and anyway I have two nice old analogue mic pres for the serious mic inputs.

Yes, a UFX would ne nice but can't happen for me at the moment.  sad

Thanks again.

I have quite a bit of ADAT gear and I've never encountered anything that didn't work with my FF400. And that includes the ADA8200.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Thanks cyrano, much appreciate your reply, most useful.

Digiface USB and Behringer ADA8200 - this combination is working here without any problems with the ADA8200 set to sync in/ADAT/slave - Digiface USB as the Master. On the second ADAT in/out I have ADI-8 Pro (Slave) and it´s working awesome.

Thanks rribulsky, that's very good to hear.  Cheers!