1 (edited by theohuber 2018-11-16 21:15:39)

Topic: Fireface 400 and OSX mojave 10.14.1 update - FF400 not working: SOLVED

Hello everyone
Yesterday I updated my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) to OSX mojave 10.14.1. I have a RME Fireface 400 together with a OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock to be able to connect the Fireface 400 with my mac which worked fine with the previous OSX mojave version. I tried to reinstall the latest drivers, checked the permissions as described - nothing helped. The Fireface 400 is not recognized anymore. External Firewire harddisks are working well on the second firewire port on the Fireface 400 device. Can anybody help?

Totalmix is running but shows no windows. Fireface_settings.app immediately closes after opening.

Cheers
Theohuber

Re: Fireface 400 and OSX mojave 10.14.1 update - FF400 not working: SOLVED

Hello everyone
Good news: After uninstalling all RME drivers according to this manual
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/AG … ion_EN.pdf
the Fireface 400 still was not recognized by OSX mojave - the Host LED on the device was on red after booting.

Then I unplugged the power cord from the device so that it used the fireface power - nothing happened.
But when I plugged the powercord back in the device -> the device was immediately recognized and also showed up in the Sound-controlpanel of the preferences! So I then could set up device again as expected. I'm not sure if this could damage the device -> if you have the same issue as me with mojave and the OWC Thunderbold 3 Dock, perhaps it's better if you shutdown the mac and fireface first before pluging in again the powercord to protect your fireface 400.