Topic: UC Flash Update under Win does not break Mac

Hello everyone,

after flashing our Fireface UC with a windows computer to revision 123/135, it stopped working with our Mac computers.

> Red Host LED does *not* flash (so USB connection and low-level driver seems to be ok)
> Totalmix and FF Settings app does not open (or says no device connected)
> Flash Update Tool names it Fireface UC Win

I flashed again from my Mac to revision 124/136, but still same issues as above.
Any ideas, or can I somehow revert to factory?

Greetings,
Christoph

Re: UC Flash Update under Win does not break Mac

Check  the  correct  firmware  version  by  a  double  click  on  the  rotary  encoder  button.  The
display  PC  means  Windows,  the  display  AP  means  Mac.  The  double  click  automatically
switches between both versions. Note: a change of state is only possible when the unit is
not connected to the computer.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Valid Iterator 2018-11-23 10:01:18)

Thanks for the answer, changed PC to AP mode, did not work.

I have a Windows PC with which the fireface works as expected (!), but in Mac OS X Mac High Sierra TotalMix does not start and does not recognize the device. No red LED on the device, and Fireface Settings seem to work.

I tried driver reinstall on the Mac, no change.
I connected the device several other Macs (all High Sierra) to no avail.
I tried firmware reset with hold-encoder-button-before-power-on, no change.
I re-flashed the 136 firmware with the Windows PC back to 135, which did work but nothing changed with the Mac behavior.
- Sidenote: I flashed it two times, first time the progress bar did really funny things, jumping around, with no linear progress. It did finish though.
I tried to flash the 135 device with the Mac back to 136, but the FUT is not doing anything on pushing the update button.

I assume the Mac part of the firmware is broken, or there is a weird incompatibility between OS X High Sierra and Flash Version 136.

Corretion: El Capitan works too, so it must be some OS X High Sierra problem. I thought I got the driver installation routine right, but maybe that is not the case.

Thanks for your help!
Greetings!

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/AG … ion_EN.pdf

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME