Topic: Please Add Third-Party Plugin Support to TotalMix FX

I like TotalMix FX except for a couple missing features. First, I understand that RME interfaces and TotalMix FX are meant to be used with DAWs. However, what about the people who use RME interfaces as their main computer audio input/output source, and do so while streaming or other non-music oriented activities? The point is that I'm one of those people. So here's my problem.

First, It's frustrating that TotalMix FX doesn't include a gate/limiter section, which I'd much rather have than reverb and echo. These are especially important because people who use their devices such as myself aren't always in quiet environments. We need a gate section to control the noise coming from our computers and/or other equipment, and a limiter to control whatever gain is added to the input source.

Second, It's frustrating that TotalMix FX doesn't allow users to insert third-party plugins. This feature would resolve the first issue because I could simply insert a gate and limiter.

Third, I'd love to see TotalMix FX redesigned to enable its assignment as an audio input/output source in Windows 10 sound settings. This would enable me to route input sources (i.e. microphones) from TotalMix to a DAW (where I could insert plugins) and then route the DAW audio back into TotalMix FX to be output as my computer's main audio output. This would solve both the first and second problems mentioned above.

Furthermore, the underlying issue is related to routing audio between TotalMix to/from other sources, and then the mixed audio master from TotalMix to the computer's audio output. This lack of interoperability makes it impossible to built the perfect setup for people such as myself who stream, podcast, et cetera. Personally speaking, I'm trying to maintain a small footprint and therefore hope to avoid unnecessary hardware, especially for something as simple as this issue.

Re: Please Add Third-Party Plugin Support to TotalMix FX

I am using UFX+ and ADI-2 Pro FS (cascaded via AES) and have absolutely no issues.

ASIO aware applications (MusicBee, foobar2000, ..) use the RME ASIO driver.
Windows and non-ASIO aware applications use the WDM devices.

Did you maybe forget to configure WDM devices and a speaker device in the RME driver settings dialog ?

Its good that TM FX is not bloated and works very reliably for the primary purposes.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13