Topic: Madi Router question

I have a couple of questions regarding the MADI router:

My Setup is 6x Euphonix AM713/MA703, 3x SSL Delta Link HD, 1x RME HDSPe MADI FX, 1x SPL Madison.

• A. With the help of the Router can I

• 1. merge two 28ch. coax MADI streams from two Euphonix units into one optical MADI connection

• 2. add another 8 channels from another source into the same 64ch. signal and send that to my Pro Tools rig?

In other words: Is it possible to freely patch any individual channel of any MADI stream and send it to any of the ports (including format conversion from 56 to 64 and vice versa)?

• B. What is the purpose of the TP MADI ports? The disclaimer on the product page states that it uses proprietary RME technology which may not be compatible with other manufacturers. Are these ports simply a provision for the new M-32 Pro converters? Is there a way to convert the signal of these ports to optical/coax, perhaps with the use of one of these boxes?The reason for asking is that it apears the router is an 8-port router unless you happen to own some very specific non-standard equipment.

2x HDSPe MADI FX, MADIFace Pro

Re: Madi Router question

A. Yes, merging signals is possible.

B. These ports are for communication between MADI Routers. They do not communicate with the M32 converters.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Madi Router question

RME Support wrote:

B. These ports are for communication between MADI Routers. They do not communicate with the M32 converters.

Thank you, Daniel - just to clarify: I meant the 4 CAT ports (labelled EXT), not the two SFP ports.

2x HDSPe MADI FX, MADIFace Pro