Topic: iPads with USB-C (2018)

I am using a new iPad Pro 2018.

My UFX ii in Class Compliant mode works but will not disconnect/reconnect when using a USB-B to USB-C cable.  The hotplug mechanism doesn't work with this type of cable.

If I use a USB-C to USB-A female <--- USB cable, then it works.  The hotplug is detected by the UFX.

Seems the USB-C hotplug in the iPad is just not giving the message a USB A/B device is expecting.  I have an HP Envy with a USB-C port.  When in CC mode, the very same cable will disconnect/connect.

One cable would be better.  Is there anything stopping the UFX ii from being hotpluggable from the iPad's USB-C input?

Re: iPads with USB-C (2018)

robertmc wrote:

I am using a new iPad Pro 2018.

My UFX ii in Class Compliant mode works but will not disconnect/reconnect when using a USB-B to USB-C cable.  The hotplug mechanism doesn't work with this type of cable.

If I use a USB-C to USB-A female <--- USB cable, then it works.  The hotplug is detected by the UFX.

Seems the USB-C hotplug in the iPad is just not giving the message a USB A/B device is expecting.  I have an HP Envy with a USB-C port.  When in CC mode, the very same cable will disconnect/connect.

One cable would be better.  Is there anything stopping the UFX ii from being hotpluggable from the iPad's USB-C input?

What brand is your USB-C to USB-B cable? I would stick to genuine Apple adapters, even if this means there are two cables...

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk