1 (edited by satak 2019-01-09 11:45:27)

Topic: TotalMix MIDI control map

Is there anyway to freely map the faders and buttons in TotalMix to your desired midi CC:s? Now they all are hardcoded and you have to adapt your controller to map to those hardcoded values in TotalMix. In my mind it would be way better design if you could freely map the midi CC numbers within TotalMix. This way you could for example control two TotalMix faders with single button from your midi controller.

Is this free midi map a feature that you could consider?

Also another question: if I have hardware input 1/2, how can I control input 1/2 to output 3/4 volume with midi? I can only control the 1/2 in to 1/2 out fader, not 3/4 out.

Re: TotalMix MIDI control map

That is done via OSC or Mackie Protocol. CC is a quick and dirty solution with limitations, and as such will not change.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

How about that second question?

I don't think midi CC is a dirty solution. You are now limiting the use cases by not allowing free midi map. We want to control mic in to 2 output, how would you even do that now?

Possible solutions are Fader Group, Trim Gain, Mirror outputs. In all these cases it is enough to control one fader to move all fgaderrs of the same channel routing.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME