1 (edited by Thermaltake 2019-02-28 20:33:13)

Topic: FireFace 400 bug in Settings

After installing new drivers, I found some kind of text bug or something in my Settings. When I open Settings and leave it few seconds "Sample rate" text change to bold (some weird thing is happening to text little hard to explain) and when I switch tab to Analog or any other tabs and switch back to Fireface (1) tab it's ok again, but only that second, again after 2 seconds it turns bold.

https://i.imgur.com/G3YMmJc.jpg

Can someone take a look at this it's really annoying when I go to settings every time. I tried to reinstall drivers didn't help. I now installed https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … n_3119.zip and it's not happening there, so clearly it's some bug in this latest new version.

Fireface 400
Driver version is 3.125, and problem is on 3.124 also.

Re: FireFace 400 bug in Settings

This is a problem with the driver, not TotalMix FX. They are separate applications. A moderator may want to move this thread to the Firewire & USB series forum.

- JediJoker

anyone ?

4 (edited by Thermaltake 2019-03-10 20:41:24)

No one have this issue on FF400 with Win 10 (1809) ?

bump.

6 (edited by Thermaltake 2019-05-21 21:01:42)

Still same on new 1903 version od Windows 10. I tried it on other PC, same thing, something is wrong with this in this latest drivers for FF400. Can you please check whats going on.

Do you have a technical problem or is this only this "cosmetic" issue boldface or not ?

As long as there are no technical issues, why don't you simply ignore it ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

8 (edited by Thermaltake 2019-05-21 21:39:39)

I change sample rate often, and it's really iritating to see that font automatically bolding on its own.

9 (edited by ramses 2019-05-21 21:48:26)

I never heard about such an issue and
I never noticed something like this in the FW driver when I used my (s)old UFX with firewire for several years.

Also no feedback from other forum members.

Could this perhaps be related to your machine / installation ?

Do you have another computer where you could cross check to exclude local machine problems ?

Which Windows 10 version exactly ? 1809 ?
Which graphic card and driver version ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

10 (edited by Thermaltake 2019-05-22 15:42:32)

Windows 10 1809 and also on 1903.

Tried few graphics, intel onboard with latest drivers, and tried with nvidia gtx 1070 also latest drivers, same thing.

I noticed tried previous versions of drivers and noticed it's not happening on this driver 3.119 and other before that, only on 3.124 and 3.125.

Sorry then I have no idea. Best is to open a ticket @rme, this is user forum.

ramses wrote:

Sorry then I have no idea. Best is to open a ticket @rme, this is user forum.

How can I do that ?

Write an e-mail to support the mail address is on the web server.

I had a look at this on my system where it happens, too. At first I speculated that it might be connected to Windows high DPI settings, but it is not.

What seems to happen is that about every half a second another iteration of the words "Sample Rate" is written on top of the already present words. This means that the words start of normal (not bold) and then get bolder and bolder by time. Switching tabs or closing the window resets the text/font and then it starts getting bolder/overwritten again.

So it looks like a simple (cosmetic) drawing error of the Fireface dialog.

Timur Born wrote:

I had a look at this on my system where it happens, too. At first I speculated that it might be connected to Windows high DPI settings, but it is not.

What seems to happen is that about every half a second another iteration of the words "Sample Rate" is written on top of the already present words. This means that the words start of normal (not bold) and then get bolder and bolder by time. Switching tabs or closing the window resets the text/font and then it starts getting bolder/overwritten again.

So it looks like a simple (cosmetic) drawing error of the Fireface dialog.

Exactly the same.

That should be easy to fix.

ramses wrote:

I suppose, but still no fix after two release.

18 (edited by ramses 2019-05-23 17:07:50)

Thermaltake wrote:
ramses wrote:

It's all about priorities I assume and you seem to be the only person who wants to have this fixed.

Besides of this the FF400 is a very old and mature device, the real important things are running fine.

19 (edited by Thermaltake 2019-05-23 20:47:42)

ramses wrote:
Thermaltake wrote:
ramses wrote:

It's all about priorities I assume and you seem to be the only person who wants to have this fixed.

Besides of this the FF400 is a very old and mature device, the real important things are running fine.

It looks like I am not the only one, as the user up Timur Born is having same problem too.

It is older device, multiface is even older and still getting polished from time to time, so it doesn't mean anything.

20 (edited by Thermaltake 2019-05-29 20:21:59)

I send mail to support a week ago, and still didn't get any answer.

I forwarded it, can't promise a date when this will be fixed, sorry.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

22 (edited by Thermaltake 2019-06-05 06:02:16)

RME Support wrote:

I forwarded it, can't promise a date when this will be fixed, sorry.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

No problem, now you have it on your bug list, no rush. At least we know it's going to be fixed.

I have this problem on my FF800 too.  I agree with Timur Born's assessment.  At first, I thought it was bolded, but on closer inspection the text is darker but also looks a little fuzzy and offset by a tiny amount.
If it's just a graphical glitch, that's one thing, but I'm concerned this may be interfering with SyncCheck.

FireFace800 (D 3.125, fw 2.77) Ryzen9 3950X, 570X Extrm4,  Win10 Prox64 1909, 32Gb DDR4-3600, GTX950

SF_Green wrote:

I have this problem on my FF800 too.  I agree with Timur Born's assessment.  At first, I thought it was bolded, but on closer inspection the text is darker but also looks a little fuzzy and offset by a tiny amount.
If it's just a graphical glitch, that's one thing, but I'm concerned this may be interfering with SyncCheck.

More and more people with this bug.