Topic: Two HDSPe AIOs together, both slaves

Hello,

I have an HDSPe AIO and I would like to link it by SPDIF (both in and out) to my Kemper amp simulator. Unfortunately the Kemper can only act as master clock, so I guess all my other digital devices will have to be slave to it. I would like to add a second HDSPe AIO to my set-up to give me extra SPDIF and AES/EBU inputs and outputs to connect to my other digital devices simultaneously. The manual (page 27) seems to suggest that this is possible.

My question: can one HDSPe AIO receive the Kemper's master clock through SPDIF and then pass it on internally to the second HDSPe AIO so that everything is in sync? And can the second HDSPe AIO then pass that same clock signal via its SPDIF and AES/EBU outputs to other digital devices so that they are in sync as slaves too? (Unfortunately the Kemper has no separate word clock output, so I don't have the option of syncing everything that way.)

Many thanks for your help!

James

Re: Two HDSPe AIOs together, both slaves

> can one HDSPe AIO receive the Kemper's master clock through SPDIF and then pass it on internally to the second HDSPe AIO so that everything is in sync?

Yes, see manual chapter 6.2

> And can the second HDSPe AIO then pass that same clock signal via its SPDIF and AES/EBU outputs to other digital devices so that they are in sync as slaves too?

Yes, I see no reason why not, thats the usual way.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Two HDSPe AIOs together, both slaves

Thank you!