Topic: Fireface UCX problem

Hi, some days ago I updated the drivers and the flash of my Fireface UCX to these:

driver_usb_win_1167
fut_usb_win_ (20190220)

After this update, I can´t record properly with any of my DAWS. I use Reaper and Cubase and when I record something, the audio item is located some miliseconds before. It appears an automatically adjust.

I tried to install the previous driver and flash that I have been using but the problem continues (driver_usb_win_1114 and fut_usb_win 20171010).

I haver reinstalled Reaper and Cubase but the problem persists.

Any idea?.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fireface UCX problem

Sounds like you no longer use ASIO in those DAWs.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

??? The DAWSs are not the problem. I reinstalled them but the problem persist. The only change of my pc was the flash and drivers of Fireface UCX.

Which you returned and it didn't change, so these are not the cause of the problem.

Did you not understand my ASIO comment? What driver/interface did you select in Cubase and Reaper?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The Fireface UCX USB.

The driver type will be something like DirectSound, MME, WDM or ASIO. You should select ASIO.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

7 (edited by sageroficial 2019-03-21 16:58:49)

ASIO of course.

How can I install the correct firmware for the driver_usb_win_1114 ??????

By connecting the UCX via USB, downloading the latest firmware and executing the .exe file.
How else ?!

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

But I don't want the latest. I need the version of the firmware for the drivers 1114, not the latest.

Then I misunderstood sry. You need to contact RME that they can provide you a download link.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Any E-mail for this???
Thanks.

There is no such firmware. Since 2015 the firmware version is 46/260/27 (before 240). Just the latest version from February 2019 updated the USB part to 48. So according to your first post you have the correct former version already?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

14 (edited by sageroficial 2019-03-21 21:08:25)

But my first post was incorrect. I thought that I have reinstalled the previous firmware version bur that is not possible because the file always update to the latest. My problem recording began when I updated to the latest driver and firmware. I have reinstalled the previous driver (1114). The latest firmware is suitable for that driver version??
With the 1114 drivers and the latest firmware, the problem persists.

sageroficial wrote:

But my first post was incorrect. I thought that I have reinstalled the previous firmware version bur that is not possible because the file always update to the latest.

Not true. An older Flash Update Tool will install the firmware that is in that tool. You can go back and forth any time, as often as you like.

sageroficial wrote:

My problem recording began when I updated to the latest driver and firmware. I have reinstalled the previous driver (1114). The latest firmware is suitable for that driver version??

Sure. And here is the old firmware 240 again:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fu … in_240.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME