Topic: ADI 2 Pro FS Overload/Short Detected

Hello,

I've been having an issue with my ADI 2 Pro FS that I don't fully understand and hope someone can help me with.

First a quick description of my setup:

PC Mainboard native USB > ADI 2 Pro PH 3/4 > Sennheiser HD800S with included unbalanced cable

Firmware/Drivers are up to date

The issue I have is that when I turn on the DAC and listen to music/watch videos/play games I will get the Overload/Short Detected warning message after about 3 hours of use every time. At that point I have to turn off the DAC and back on. However, the device is quite hot to the touch at this point and if I immediately turn the device back on it will only take a few minutes for the same warning message to re-appear. If I choose to wait for 5-10 minutes before turning it back on then I will be able to use the DAC for about an hour before getting the error. If I end my computer session for the day and return on the next day I will be able to use it for 3 hours before the error message appears.

This is inconvenient for me because I tend to use my PC for 6-8 hours per sitting, meaning the first three hours are fine, but then I need to turn off the DAC every hour, wait 5-10 minutes with no sound/music playing until I end my session.

I don't really understand what causes this problem although if I had to take a guess it seems overheating related, but I'm really not sure.

Does anyone know what causes this issue and how I can fix it? Please let me know if you need me to provide more information.

Re: ADI 2 Pro FS Overload/Short Detected

Please return the ADI-2 Pro FS for service or exchange. The phones output is malfunctioning, causing both the heat and the shutdown.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Please return the ADI-2 Pro FS for service or exchange. The phones output is malfunctioning, causing both the heat and the shutdown.

Oh I see. Thanks for the quick reply! Should I contact the merchant or RME itself in this case?

The merchant.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The merchant.

Got it, thanks!