Topic: Digiface USB

Can I send the Digiface USB headphone output to a separate headphone amplifier without affecting the sound quality?

I tried doing the same thing with the headphone output on my Babyface Pro, however that sounded muffled. I had to use XLR->RCA adapters plugged into the BF Pros output 1/2, and then a stereo RCA cable from there to the headphone amp. Then the sound was fine.

Re: Digiface USB

The top solution would be to connect either an ADI-2 Pro FS or an ADI-2 DAC to the Digiface USB via ADAT/SPDIF.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by hbuus 2019-03-23 20:36:16)

Thanks, Ramses. I should explain what I need this for:

I have a turntable setup and record my LPs to computer with a Babyface Pro.
However the turntable setup is located across a doorway from the computer, which makes it tricky.

Right now I have a 3 meter stereo RCA cable that is plugged into the output of my phono stage.
The other end of that RCA cable I then manually plug into the Babyface Pro whenever I'm gonna record a LP.
When I'm done recording the LP, I remove the RCA cable from the Babyface Pro and store it near the phono stage.

Of course I'd like a less cumbersome setup.
I thought maybe if the Babyface Pro was placed at the turntable setup in standalone mode or whatever it's called, then I could just use a 10 meter SPDIF cable from the BF Pro to a Digiface USB placed at the computer.
Then record the audio with the computer and the Digiface USB.
EDIT:
So that the SPDIF cable is placed permanently on the walls between the computer table and the turntable setup.
Meaning, I would no longer have to manually connect a RCA cable every time I want to record a LP.

Would that be a good solution?

As I prefer the sound of my Graham Slee headphone amplifier, I use that instead of Babyface Pro's headphone socket.
That's why, if I'm gonna get a Digiface USB, I have to make sure it will sound fine if I connect the Graham Slee headphone amplifier to the Digiface USB via the latter's headphone output.

Sorry for the long and detailed message! Hope it is clear what I mean, otherwise please ask.

4 (edited by ramses 2019-03-23 20:44:24)

No need for a 2nd recording interface and you can have much better AD conversion quality.

Place the new upcoming ADI-2 FS at the turntable.
You can use an up to 15m TOSLINK cable to connect the ADI-2 FS to the BBFP which is connected to your computer.
https://www.thomann.de/de/mutec_optisches_kabel_5m.htm

The AD converter of the ADI-2 FS shall have the same quality as those of the ADI-2 Pro FS/*.
So this solution is even better compared to using the BBFP for AD converstion.

http://www.rme-audio.de/products/adi_2_fs.php
https://www.thomann.de/de/rme_adi_2_fs.htm

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

That's what I'll do then. It looks like a very good solution. Thanks!